Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Close Your Eyes and Dream


I pour a glass of wine and head outside to sit at the patio table. This is lovely…a beautiful time of day…so calming. I will sit, sip my wine, and close my eyes for a few minutes and dream. What do I see? Hmmm…

I see black dots that have tails moving down, down, down…then…bounce up from my eyelashes – up again, then they drift down, down, down…then…bounce. There are two of them, no, three. Hmmm…

This isn’t working. I wonder what I’m going to make for dinner… Ok…concentrate…close eyes.

Black dots moving down…slowly…now I see a faint light off to the left side…

Gosh, I have to grade papers tonight and get ready for class tomorrow. I wish I didn’t put everything off until the last minute. We’ve been off for a whole week during Spring Break…will probably have to review with the students.

Ok, stop…pay attention…

I’ll try to make the black dots go up…nope, here they come back down…one, two, three…bounce…bounce...bounce.

Listen to the birds. I love the way the birds chitter chatter back and forth with each other. They even chitter chatter at night. I thought they were supposed to be nesting when it gets dark. My husband says those are Mockingbirds that chatter all night long. Arizona birds chitter chatter more than Minnesota birds. But, I love the Minnesota loons…their calls are so haunting. In Minnesota, they would be announcing right now that they are heading back to their home lake for the night with their families.

STOP. I am concentrating too much…what’s wrong with me…why can’t I just dream?

Hmmmm…black dots…bounce…bounce…

I wonder what I’m going to get my kids for Easter. I bought the food today…will go to Costco on Friday…cook on Saturday…plan a plastic egg hunt…Shit, I forgot the milk.

Oh for God’s sake.

I drink the rest of my wine, get up, and go fix dinner.




No comments:

Post a Comment